Cabinet Minister Thongam Biswajit Singh, who is an elected representative from the Thongju assembly constituency, left politics and set himself as a role model to encourage not only the people of his constituency but also the people of the entire state.
“I know how tough it is to have been affected by COVID-19, as I had already been infected. Now I am cured and I don’t want any person to face the same fate as me,” said Thongam.
Thongam Biswajit, who was instrumental in the forming of BJP-led government under Chief Minister N Biren Singh, said this during an awareness campaign and mass COVID-19 vaccination drive held at the community hall of Khongman Zone 3.
The minister spoke to the public and tried to dispel rumours surrounding COVID vaccination.
“Being a politician and a minister with a load of work to do, I have to meet many people. Even though I try to follow COVID appropriate behaviour while talking with officials or citizens, I sometimes feel that I have violated the COVID norms. So I get tested for COVID-19 whenever I feel like it is necessary,” Thongam said.
- Assam considering local procurement of food grains under schemes
- Single-day recoveries surpass fresh COVID-19 cases in Nagaland
- 3 boys drown in Brahmaputra in Guwahati
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’