Cabinet Minister Thongam Biswajit Singh, who is an elected representative from the Thongju assembly constituency, left politics and set himself as a role model to encourage not only the people of his constituency but also the people of the entire state.
“I know how tough it is to have been affected by COVID-19, as I had already been infected. Now I am cured and I don’t want any person to face the same fate as me,” said Thongam.
Thongam Biswajit, who was instrumental in the forming of BJP-led government under Chief Minister N Biren Singh, said this during an awareness campaign and mass COVID-19 vaccination drive held at the community hall of Khongman Zone 3.
The minister spoke to the public and tried to dispel rumours surrounding COVID vaccination.
“Being a politician and a minister with a load of work to do, I have to meet many people. Even though I try to follow COVID appropriate behaviour while talking with officials or citizens, I sometimes feel that I have violated the COVID norms. So I get tested for COVID-19 whenever I feel like it is necessary,” Thongam said.
- Six common COVID myths, busted
- India, B’desh pledge to work together to curb terrorism as Indian envoy meets PM Hasina
- India, Australia free trade agreement to come into force from Dec 29
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Fixtures and schedule today, December 1
- India-US military drills near LAC violate the spirit of Sino-India agreements: China
- India has emerged as a net security provider in Indo-Pacific: Rajnath Singh