World No Tobacco Day is celebrated on May 31 every year to raise awareness on the dangers of using tobacco, the business practices of tobacco companies, what the World Health Organization (WHO) is doing to fight against the use of tobacco, and what people can do to claim their right to health and healthy living and to protect future generations..
The annual campaign is an opportunity to raise awareness among people on the harmful and deadly consequences of tobacco use and to discourage the use of tobacco in any form.
Here are a few powerful works of art that promote awareness on No Tobacco Day through Instagram:
- Nagaland celebrates 61st Nagaland Statehood Day; PM, President extend greetings
- What can we do to protect children from sexual abuse?
- Major breakthrough in Darjeeling’s Sivok–Rangpo rail tunnel
- Meghalaya: NPP’s Ampareen Lyngdoh pledges ILP implementation
- Meghalaya: St Anthony’s College to introduce uniforms next year
- IIT Guwahati launches drone tech training programme for armed forces