World Food Day marks the anniversary of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations. The day aims to tackle global hunger and strives to eliminate hunger across the world.
This day is also celebrated by organizations like World Food Programme (WFP) and the International Fund for Agriculture Development.
World Food Day: History
World Food Day was first observed in 1945 to mark the establishment of the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization. The main focus is to celebrate the promotion of food security across the globe, especially in times of difficulties. The organization has indeed played a vital role in reaching its goal.
This significant day is celebrated by over 150 countries across the globe.
World Food Day 2021 theme:
The theme of World Food Day 2021 has been declared as “Safe Food Now for a Healthier Tomorrow”. The theme stresses the various immediate and long-term benefits of consuming safe and healthy food.
World Food Day: Significance
We are fortunate enough to have several delicacies that we enjoy every day and we don’t even think once before wasting it. The day is not just about celebrating, rather it is about raising awareness about the people who aren’t fortunate enough to enjoy even one meal per day.
There are millions of people across the globe who are struggling with hunger; they do not have sufficient food to survive. Starvation is a global crisis that needs to be addressed and tackled before it’s too late.
- New Songs Sunday: A look at the latest tracks this week
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show
- Tripura sees saffron wave, BJP sweeps civic polls