The ninth day of Durga Puja, the celebration of the victory of good over evil, marks Maha Navami, which is one day before Vijaya Dashami.
Navami is one of the grandest occasions of all days of Navratri and Durga Puja and this year the auspicious day falls on October 23, Monday.
Like other days during Durga Puja, Navami has its own vidhi. Beginning with Mahasnan or the grand bath, it is followed by the Shodashopachar puja.
The goddess is offered pink flowers and devotees wear pink on this day too. Kanya Pujan is celebrated on the day of Navami by some, where nine young girls aged 8-9 years are invited to the puja where their feet are washed. These Kanyas are said to symbolize the 9 forms of Durga.
The Navami Homa is performed with great devotion at the end of the Navami puja.
The tithi of Navami begins at 8.07 pm on October 23, 2023, and ends at 6.52 pm on October 24, 2023
Significance of Maha Navami
The 9 forms of the goddess Durga are worshipped during the Puja – Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandharghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidathri.
So, on the ninth day devotees celebrate the Siddhidathri form of goddess Durga who is the supreme form of Maha Shakti. She is worshipped as the Mahisasuramardini, the one who is the destroyer of the demon Mahishasur.
This avatar of the goddess possesses extreme power and represents the source of life and is known to be the most powerful form. It is said that Maha Navami’s puja is equivalent to puja performed on all the other 8 days of the festival.
Here are the wishes, messages, quotes, and images for Durga Navami 2023:
This is the festival of worship of mother, this is the festival of the devotion of 9 forms of the mother, this is the festival of making bad works, it is the festival of burning in the heart of devotion, the wishes of Durga Navami.
- May Goddes Durga give prosperity to you and your family. May her blessings always be with you. Jai Mata Di. Happy Maha Navami.
- The gift of love should be a gift of happiness, not a count of happiness, no feeling of sorrow is such as the year of Durga Navami festival, Jai Maa Durga.
- Let the joy of festivity embrace you and your loved ones on the occasion of Durga Navami this year. Very blessed Durga Navami to you and your Family.
- May Maa Durga bestow you and your family with 9 forms of blessings- fame, name, wealth, prosperity, happiness, education, health, power, and commitment. Happy Durga Navami.
- A time for celebration, a time for victory of good over bad, a time when the world sees the power of good, let us continue the same spirit.
- May Maa Durga illuminate your life with countless blessings of happiness. Happy Durga Navami.
- Through these nine evenings of prayer and celebrations, may Maa always keep you in good health. May all your problems leave you. Happy Durga Navami 2021.
- On this auspicious occasion of Durga Navami, may Maa fulfill everyone’s aspirations, further the atmosphere of joy, and eliminate all evil from our society.
- O mother, do not let your faith arise in your world when the darkness is bound by fear and darkness will become thick and dense, the light will show you the way.
- Tripura: Referral lab reports 5 to 15 HIV-positive cases everyday
- Meghalaya: Central team reviews Jal Shakti Abhiyan projects in Garo Hills
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma sworn in as Mizoram Chief Minister
- Research says climate change is causing lizards and other species to evolve
- Singer Taba Chake shares Arunachal to Bollywood journey
- NE activist Rituparna joins National Council for Transgender Persons