Brothers and sisters are eagerly waiting for Raksha Bandhan to commemorate the lovely bond between them. Rakhi has a very special meaning; it signifies the pure bond between brothers and sisters. Despite the itty bitty pranks, tears and complaints, nothing is more lovable than this bond. Raksha Bandhan is derived from Raksha, a Sanskrit word that means protection and Bandhan which means a bond. This festival signifies the love, protection, loyalty, care and commitment a brother and sister have for each other. This year, Raksha Bandhan will be observed on August 22, when sisters will tie rakhis on their brothers’ wrists. On this beautiful day, here are some Rakhi wishes, messages and quotes to share with your siblings.
Rakhi 2021 messages
- You are my best friend, my guide, my mentor, and my guardian. I know that you are just a thought away and for that, I’m eternally grateful. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thank you for being my partner in crime and my loudest cheerleader. I love you today and always. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Happy Raksha Bandhan to my biggest secret-keeper and my pillar of strength. With you as my sister/ brother, I don’t need much else.
- You must have done something right that God blessed you with a sibling-like me. For laughing at this and all my other bad jokes, thank you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- We are miles apart from each other but are still connected as we are entrenched in each other’s hearts forever. Happy Rakhi!
- It has been an absolute honour to call you my sibling. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thinking of you and all the memories we have created together on this special day. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I cannot imagine how colourless my life would have been had it not been for your charm and love. Happy Rakhi, brother/sister!
- No one understands me as you do. You are my strongest ally and closest companion. Happy Rakhi, dear sister/brother!
- Distance can do little to separate those who are linked by the heart. Sending you love and wishes on this special day. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
Rakhi 2021 quotes
“To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We’ve shared private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside a touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
“Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – Vietnamese Proverb
“A brother is a friend given by Nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
“A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
“To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident, it is to have a soulmate for life.” – Victoria Secunda
“We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge.”– Adriana Trigiani
“Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
“Your brother and sister, if you have them, are the brother and sister you know best. They may not be the ones you like the best. They may not be the most interesting, but they are the closest and probably the clearest to you.” – James Salter
“My big brother still thinks he’s a better singer than me.”– Rod Stewart
“Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.”– Jane Austen
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA