Guwahati-based graphics designing studio Infinity Studio launched their calendar for 2021 at an event held at NYX Lounge and Deck, Hotel Palacio on Sunday.
The theme of this year’s calendar is “Redefining Beauty” and team VibesMojo went in for a conversation with Abhijit Boruah, founder of Infinity Studio to know behind the scene moments of the calendar shoot and its launch.
“This is actually the third edition of the calendar and is a special one as this is the first time I had worked behind the lens and not behind the screen to do post-processing,” said an elated Boruah, adding, “with the current COVID-19 pandemic we tried to keep the theme simple with portrait shots that are bound to grab attention.”
Also Read: Best and cheap breakfast spots in Guwahati
Pratik Bharali, the choreographer/ anchor for the fashion show which occurred during the launch echoed the same sentiments of the 2021 calendar being a special one. “The whole event industry as a whole suffered a major setback during the pandemic and so 2021 is a new year of hope and positivity.”
This year the team opted for a minimalist set with the sole focus on portraits. “Earlier we went all out with deked-up sets and embellished outfits and unique themes, however, we tried to keep it simple this year keeping an eye out for the ongoing pandemic,” said Boruah. Even Bharali added that they wanted the viewers’ eyes to zone in on the face of the model, “its curves, wrinkles, fine lines which actually forms the perfection of a face.”
Payal Oshan Goswami of the label “Zaree” was the designer for the calendar launch event and the 12 models for the show all represented their faces in the calendar shoot.
- Agitating Arunachal teachers defer boycott call after govt assurance
- Assam: Ex-student leader facing trial in ULFA blast case tops class in MA exam
- Sustainable finance-related capacity-building measures to be discussed at G20 meet in Assam
- Review petition filed in SC for rectification of observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: CM Tamang
- Tripura 2023: BJP promised a lot in 2018; delivered precious little
- Govt has asked SC to finalise MoP for appointment of judges: Rijiju