Bollywood glitz and glam will light up Assam as the is all set Flimfare Awards 2020 Assam to be hosted in the Northeast state next year. It’s a proud moment for Assam as this would be the first time that the film gala will be held outside Mumbai.In a move to boost up the tourism sector of Assam on a national and international level, the government of Assam is all set to host the prestigious Filmfare Awards 2020 next year. Assam is no novice in using Bollywood’s glam to boost up its tourism sector as Priyanka Chopra was roped in as the brand ambassador of Assam Tourism earlier.
First started in 1954 by The Times Group, these awards are one of the oldest and the most prestigious film awards in the Hindi language film industry of India.
According to a report in the local newspaper Assam Tribune, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in this regard will be signed between the Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC) and The Times Group, organisers of the event within this month. Flimfare Awards 2020 Assam is most likely to be held on February 15 next year with an estimated budget of Rs 20-30 crore. The most probable venue location to host Flimfare Awards 2020 Assam of this magnitude would probably be Sarusajai, Khanapara, and Amingaon.
Authorities from the Assam government already teased about the event in a tweet on August 10 where it explored the possibility of hosting Filmfare Awards 2020 Assam
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata
- Arunachal Speaker P D Sona assumes office as president of NERIPSTR
- Naga wrestlers who won bronze at international belt wrestling facilitated