The ongoing North East Futsal League being organised at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Sarusajai, Guwahati, has entering its final rounds.
On the sixth day on Saturday, the first match saw Assam Titans making a great comeback from going 1-0 down in first half to winning 2-1 in the second half. Aklanta Basumatary and Manoj Chetry scored for Assam whereas Taba scored the lone goal for Arunachal.
In the second match, Mizo Falcons beat Nagaland Super 5 3-0 with Lalringsanga scoring two and Alan scoring one goal for Mizoram.
The third and final match of the evening witnessed Apunba Manipur scoring 6 goals over Meghalaya Thunders who wasn’t able to break the top performance of Manipur. Md Shah Jahan scores 4 goals followed by Joanna Garcia and Patrick Kamei scoring one goal each.
The seven-day mixed gender Futsal league will come to an end on August 31 with Assam Titans facing off Mizo Falcons in the finals.
- India to unveil new Foreign Trade Policy 2023-28
- Former civil servants condemn Rijiju’s remarks on judiciary in open letter
- FSSAI allows labelling curd in regional names amid controversy
- Meghalaya: Asian leopard cat rescued by GHADC forest officials
- IOC asks IOA to appoint CEO without further delay
- Assam: Rabha Unions’ demand CBI probe into death of BSF constable