The ongoing North East Futsal League being organised at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Sarusajai, Guwahati, has entering its final rounds.
On the sixth day on Saturday, the first match saw Assam Titans making a great comeback from going 1-0 down in first half to winning 2-1 in the second half. Aklanta Basumatary and Manoj Chetry scored for Assam whereas Taba scored the lone goal for Arunachal.
In the second match, Mizo Falcons beat Nagaland Super 5 3-0 with Lalringsanga scoring two and Alan scoring one goal for Mizoram.
The third and final match of the evening witnessed Apunba Manipur scoring 6 goals over Meghalaya Thunders who wasn’t able to break the top performance of Manipur. Md Shah Jahan scores 4 goals followed by Joanna Garcia and Patrick Kamei scoring one goal each.
The seven-day mixed gender Futsal league will come to an end on August 31 with Assam Titans facing off Mizo Falcons in the finals.
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram