North East Futsal League (NEFL), which is being played at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai in Guwahati, Assam, entered its fifth day on Friday.
India’s first-ever mixed-gender futsal league, which features six teams in total, are being played over a period of seven days from August 25 to August 31.
In the first match on Friday, Assam Titans and Mizo Falcons still remained unbeaten as they played a 1-1 draw. Aklanta Basumatary and Lalringsanga scored a goal each for Assam and Mizoram, respectively.
Meanwhile, in the second match, Apunba Manipur won against Arunachal Highlanders with 5-0. Scorers for Manipur were Md Yasir and Md Shah Jahan, each scoring two goals, and Rajanibala bagging the fifth goal.
In the third match of the day between Nagaland Super 5 and Meghalaya Thunders, the matches ended in a draw with Nagaland leading during the half time. However, Meghalaya had a comeback and ended the match in a draw with the last goal.
On Saturday, Arunachal Highlanders will face off against Assam Titans in the first match at 4 pm followed by Mizo Falcons taking on Nagaland Super 5 at 5 pm. In the third match, Meghalaya Thunders will face off Apunba Manipur from 6 pm onwards.
- Human-elephant conflict leads to near-death experience for Assam man
- Air India and Nepal Airlines aircraft almost collided mid-air
- Assam Governor highlights role of universities in facilitating research
- Satwik-Chirag win Swiss Open title
- Here’s the shocking truth about dirt and germs in hotel rooms
- Focus on logistics policy at PM GatiShakti workshop for NE states