North East Futsal League (NEFL), which is being played at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai in Guwahati, Assam, entered its fifth day on Friday.
India’s first-ever mixed-gender futsal league, which features six teams in total, are being played over a period of seven days from August 25 to August 31.
In the first match on Friday, Assam Titans and Mizo Falcons still remained unbeaten as they played a 1-1 draw. Aklanta Basumatary and Lalringsanga scored a goal each for Assam and Mizoram, respectively.
Meanwhile, in the second match, Apunba Manipur won against Arunachal Highlanders with 5-0. Scorers for Manipur were Md Yasir and Md Shah Jahan, each scoring two goals, and Rajanibala bagging the fifth goal.
In the third match of the day between Nagaland Super 5 and Meghalaya Thunders, the matches ended in a draw with Nagaland leading during the half time. However, Meghalaya had a comeback and ended the match in a draw with the last goal.
On Saturday, Arunachal Highlanders will face off against Assam Titans in the first match at 4 pm followed by Mizo Falcons taking on Nagaland Super 5 at 5 pm. In the third match, Meghalaya Thunders will face off Apunba Manipur from 6 pm onwards.
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart