North East Futsal League (NEFL), which is being played at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai in Guwahati, Assam, entered its third day on Wednesday. The high-paced and high-intensity matches drew players from all around the globe all battling for the first ever winner spot in the series.
The third match of the day saw Apurba Manipur finishing its face-off with Assam Titans in a 2-2 draw. While the Scorers for Manipur were Md Shah Jahan and Md Yasir, Atlanta Basumatary and Arman Singha netted the ball for Assam.
In the other match between Mizo Falcons and Meghalaya Thunders, Meghalaya was unable to keep up with the accurate and pin point footwork of Mizoram and it won by a handsome margin of five goals.
In the last and final match of the day, spectators were again drawn to the high-intensity matches between Arunachal Highlanders and Nagaland Super 5 . This nail biting match ended with a draw of 3-3.
On Wednesday, Meghalaya Thunders will gain another chance at redemption with Assam Titans as its opposition which will start from 4 pm. There is another another strong line-up between Nagaland Super 5 and Apunba Manipur at 5 pm followed by Mizo Falcons vs Arunachal Highlanders at 6 pm.
- UN delegate describes India’s ‘Namami Gange’ mission as ‘beacon of hope’
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?