With a glamorous inaugural ceremony and the maiden match of the ongoing North East Futsal League (NEFL) done and dusted at the Karambir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Sarusajai, Guwahati on August 25, there were more in store for the audience on Monday.
In the first match on Monday, Arunachal showed a comprehensive performance to snatch a win against Meghalaya Thunders. By scoring both the goals, Paula Boza Gil from Spain, playing for Arunachal, became the first woman player of the league to score. Francis was the lone scorer for Meghalaya as the ,atch ended in a 2-1 win for Arunachal.
In the second match, Mizo Falcons won against Apunba Manipur 3-2. For Mizo Falcons, their captain Alan scored one goal and Michael scored two goals. Md Yasir and Md Shah Jahan scored one goal each for Manipur.
This first ever mixed-gender futsal league featured six teams in total. With the addition of two foreign players for each of the teams NEFL is setting high standards to popularize the game Futsal in Northeast and in India as a whole. The competition will be played over a period of seven days and will last till August 31
On Tuesday, the first match will be held from 4 pm and Apunba Manipur will face the winner of the inaugural match, Assam Titans. For the second match, Mizo Falcons will lock horns against Meghalaya Thunders at 5 pm and the last match will witness Nagaland Super 5 trying to regain its lost glory against Arunachal Highlanders at 6 pm.
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for February 9
- No BARC scientist died of radiation-related cancer: Jitendra Singh
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for February 9
- No provision for reservation in judiciary: Rijiju
- ‘On behalf of Sikkimese’: Sikkim’s JAC has an appeal for all legislators
- No rhinos poached in Assam: Leo DiCaprio praises landmark feat