With a glamorous inaugural ceremony and the maiden match of the ongoing North East Futsal League (NEFL) done and dusted at the Karambir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Sarusajai, Guwahati on August 25, there were more in store for the audience on Monday.
In the first match on Monday, Arunachal showed a comprehensive performance to snatch a win against Meghalaya Thunders. By scoring both the goals, Paula Boza Gil from Spain, playing for Arunachal, became the first woman player of the league to score. Francis was the lone scorer for Meghalaya as the ,atch ended in a 2-1 win for Arunachal.
In the second match, Mizo Falcons won against Apunba Manipur 3-2. For Mizo Falcons, their captain Alan scored one goal and Michael scored two goals. Md Yasir and Md Shah Jahan scored one goal each for Manipur.
This first ever mixed-gender futsal league featured six teams in total. With the addition of two foreign players for each of the teams NEFL is setting high standards to popularize the game Futsal in Northeast and in India as a whole. The competition will be played over a period of seven days and will last till August 31
On Tuesday, the first match will be held from 4 pm and Apunba Manipur will face the winner of the inaugural match, Assam Titans. For the second match, Mizo Falcons will lock horns against Meghalaya Thunders at 5 pm and the last match will witness Nagaland Super 5 trying to regain its lost glory against Arunachal Highlanders at 6 pm.
- Manipur: Assam Rifles recovers cache of weapons in Churachandpur
- Arunachal: 526 kg of marijuana seized, one woman arrested
- Drug addiction affects society as a whole: Meghalaya DyCM
- Will Gorkhaland Territorial polls in Darjeeling usher in a new era?
- Use mapping to identify vulnerable areas in Silchar, suggests expert
- Manipur: 2 journalists arrested for alleged connection with insurgents