The first-ever mixed-gender match was played between Assam Titans and Nagland Super 5 at the NC Bordoloi Indoor Stadium in Sarusajai Guwahati as part of the North East Futsal League on Sunday.
While Assam Titans emerged as the winners with a 5-1 score line, the players of both the teams showcased their skills in the pitch and entertained the crowd present at the indoor stadium.
The first goal of the tournament was scored with a powerful free-kick by Nyithong Magh, the captain of Nagaland Super 5 within the opening five minutes of the game. Assam Titans replied in a very fashionable way with smooth passing at the keeper’s end of Nagaland Super 5 and finally finishing it off by Aklanta Basu. In quick succession, Assam Titans scored their second goal with a very accurate and powerful shooting by the Spanish player, Carlos Anotio.
The second half of the match kicked off with Nagaland Super 5 counter-attacking a lot to get an equaliser but failed to penetrate through the strong defence of the Assam Titans. After a fast-paced game in the second half, Manoj Chetry found the back of the net for three consecutive times, giving him the first hatrick of the tournament and also sealing the match with a massive lead of 5-1.
Meanwhile, in the opening ceremony of the tournament just before the opening match, Nagaland’s Alobo Naga and The Band enthralled the crowd with a couple of their originals. Equilibrium from Goa then made the crowd move along with them with their performance.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan’s Mughal Gardens renamed ‘Amrit Udyan’, to open from Jan 31
- Tunes based on ragas, mega drone show to be flavour of Beating Retreat ceremony
- Meghalaya only state in India denying education to children: Mukul Sangma
- Counsel ‘decourted’ for donning jeans in Gauhati HC
- Budget session of Mizoram Assembly from Feb 7 to March 13
- Amit Shah stresses on need to increase conviction rate in country