With the objective of popularising football among the younger generation, Decathlon Guwahati organised the 4th edition of ‘Decathlon Kipsta Cup 2019’ in Azara, Assam from July 19 to 21.
South Point School defeated Dew Drop FC on penalty shootout to lift the trophy held at Decathlon in Azara. The three-day, five-a-side football tournament was organised in association with Sportscraft Management and Guwahati City FC (GCFC) as club partners.
The tournament saw a total of 18 teams battling for the title. South Point defeated North East United FC 1-0 and Dew Drop defeated Flamingo FC 1-0 in the semi finals to reach the final of the tournament which had Monster, VibesMojo and Ramanam Infotech as partners.
Jugal Basumstary of South Point was awarded as the most valuable player of the tournament. Nikhil Deka of South Point was adjudged as the best goalkeeper. The champions were awarded Rs 20000 and the runner-up team got Rs 10,000 as cash prize.
- Centre must extend retirement age of ‘Agniveers’ to 65 years: Mamata
- Sri Lanka exploring options to purchase oil from Russia: Minister
- Arunachal: IFCSAP welcomes Droupadi Murmu’s selection as prez candidate
- Centre using its agencies against those speaking the truth: Mamata
- Arunachal Speaker P D Sona assumes office as president of NERIPSTR
- Naga wrestlers who won bronze at international belt wrestling facilitated