JD Institute of Fashion Technology is all set to host The JD Annual Design Awards 2019 at ITA Machkhowa in Guwahati, Assam on July 20.
At a trials show held in JD Institute of Fashion Technology Guwahati on July 10, fashion and interior designers showcased their creations for the final time before the big event, in front of the watchful eyes of their mentors.
While 45 fashion designers will participate in The JD Annual Design Awards 2019 ceremony, over 30 interior designers will also showcase their products at an exhibition to be held as part of the awards ceremony.
A total of 19 fashion sequences will be showcased during the programme that will start from 5.30 pm onwards on July 20.
While the fashion show will require passes for entry, visitors can just walk in for the interior designs’ exhibition that will start from 10 am onwards.
The theme for this year’s ceremony is ‘Switch’.
“Students from both the fashion and the interior designing departments are given the challenge of doing things or seeing something from a totally different perspective and a totally different dimension. Switch means to change the age-old perspective of a certain thing or object and project it in a totally different view or dimension,” said Sumita Dey Deka, centre director of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Guwahati.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24