Popular K-pop band KARD is all set to perform in Assam on July 14. Organised by Pink Box Events and supported by the Korean Cultural Centre, KARD’s maiden concert in the region will be held at Shilpgram in Guwahati.
K-pop (abbreviation of Korean pop) is a genre of popular music originating in South Korea. KARD is a South Korean pop group formed by DSP Media. They are composed of members J Seph, BM, Somin and Jiwoo. They officially debuted on July 19, 2017, with the EP Hola Hola.
The group is on its ‘Play Your KARD Right’ tour and will be performing in New Delhi (July 12) and Guwahati. The group gained a huge fan following even before their debut with the K.A.R.D Single Project – Vol I, II & III under which hits like Oh na na, Don’t Recall and Rumour broke the charts. Its MV Don’t Recall (all versions) has garnered over 91 million views on YouTube and counting. The group was also declared as the Rookie of the Year Award at Asia Artist Awards in 2017 and New Wave Award in 2018.
“It is a K-pop fan meet-cum-concert. So besides the performance, there will be a lot of interactions with the fans. Some lucky fans will also get to play games and the opportunity to ask questions to KARD. People with VIP tickets will get an album. There will be an album-signing session by the artist themselves,” said an official of Pink Box Events.
“This is however an exclusive event and very limited. People purchasing additional perks besides the tickets will also get the chance to click pictures with them or Hitouch,” the official added.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race