The trailer of Anek, a film starring Ayushmann Khurrana and directed by Anubhav Singha, has been recently released. The film’s story revolves around the political, social and civil problems in North-east India and how an Indian soldier tries to establish peace in the region.
The Ayushmann Khurrana-starrer movie aims to explore the injustice and violence faced by the northeastern people, who have been at the receiving end of step-motherly treatment from mainland Indians. The trailer, which was released barely two hours ago, has already clocked 1 million views.
The trailer’s description read, “An untold story of an undercover cop set against the geopolitical backdrop of North East India. An action-thriller about a rebellion, an uprising. An Indian who wants nothing more than peace for the nation.”
The three-minute trailer starts with Ayushmann donning the Army uniform and introducing himself as someone dedicated to serving and bringing stability to the Northeast region of India.
The trailer also hints at a parallel story of an aspiring boxer who wants to represent India but finds herself dealing with unforeseen challenges. Manoj Pahwa and Danny Danzongpa are also seen in the trailer playing significant roles. Ayushmann Khurrana asks an important question at the end of the trailer: “Does anybody want peace at all? Otherwise, why would no one solve such a small issue in many years.”
Anek, a film from the makers of Mulk, Article 15 and Thappad, is all set to hit the theatres on 27 May.
Also Read | Broken Wings’: A love tragedy set amidst the Gorkhaland agitation
- Man sentenced to 100 years in prison for Indian-origin girl’s death in US
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts