Mumbai: Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s latest directorial venture “Gangubai Kathiawadi”, starring Alia Bhatt, has earned Rs 39.12 crore over the weekend, the makers said on Monday.
The film, which released on Friday, minted Rs 10.5 crore on Day 1 followed by Rs 13.32 crore on Saturday.
On Sunday, the film witnessed a jump as it clocked Rs 15.3 crore, collections shared by Bhansali Productions on Twitter read.
Many in the trade have dubbed the film’s performance at the box office as impressive since it has managed to bring in the numbers despite 50 per cent occupancy cap in Maharashtra, a key state for Hindi films.
The film, based on a chapter from writer S Hussain Zaidi’s book Mafia Queens of Mumbai, features Bhatt as Gangubai, one of the most powerful, loved and respected madams from Kamathipura during the 1960s.
Also starring Ajay Devgn, Vijay Raaz, Seema Pahwa and Shantanu Maheshwari, “Gangubai Kathiawadi” is co-produced by Bhansali Productions and Jayantilal Gada’s Pen India Limited.
Stranded Indians in Kyiv told to move to railway station for onward journey
- Livable future possible if action taken this decade: IPCC report
- Nagaland Govt will not come in way of agreement: Governor on peace talks
- Three more Amritpal associates brought to Dibrugarh
- Camera never lies? CCTV isn’t always dependable
- Mukroh belongs to Meghalaya, our stand is clear: CM Sangma
- Amritpal’s uncle moved to Dibrugarh jail in Assam