New Delhi: “Uncontrollably Fond” star Kim Woo-bin, “Beyond Evil” actor Kang You-seok and “Taxi Driver” actor E Som are teaming for a new Netflix series titled “Black Knight”.
Cho Ui-seok, best known for his 2013 investigative thriller film “Cold Eyes”, will direct the show for the streamer.
Based on the popular webtoon of the same title by Lee Yoon-gyun, “Black Knight” illustrates an air polluted world in 2071, where people depend on respirator masks to breathe.
“Only one percent of the human race has survived, and a strict social stratification has been established in the deserted lands of the Korean Peninsula. Delivery drivers play a crucial role within this system, and for refugees, becoming a delivery driver is their only hope for survival.
“Amid chaos, Black Knight tells the story of a legendary delivery driver ‘5-8’ with exceptional battle skills and a refugee ‘Sawol’ who dreams of following in his footsteps,” reads the logline of the series issued by Netflix.
Kim, also known for the hit K-drama “Inheritors”, will play the role of the legendary delivery driver “5-8”.
The series marks a reunion for the actor and Cho post their 2016 thriller film “Master”. Kim will also be seen in the tvN drama “Our Blues”.
Kang will play Sawol, a refugee boy and an admirer of “5-8” who dreams of becoming a delivery driver.
E Som will star as Seolah, a military officer at the Defense Intelligence Command. Seolah saves Sawol’s life and cares for him like her own family.
“Black Knight” will be released to audiences worldwide, only on Netflix.
- Republic Day parade to have 25 tableaux, 16 marching contingents, 17 military bands
- Meghalaya reports 406 new COVID-19 cases, one more death
- Protect Naga culture, tradition through art: Nagaland CM to artists
- One died, two injured after gunman open fire in Gomati district
- World Bank approves Rs 1000 cr loan to help people get Bengal govt services
- Snow in Arunachal, hail in Shillong, rains across NE: La Niña effect?