Mumbai: Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions on Friday shared the first teaser of pan-India movie “Liger”, which introduces Telugu star Vijay Deverakonda as an underdog from Mumbai who competes in an MMA championship.
Also featuring Ananya Pandey and veteran US boxer Mike Tyson, the upcoming sports drama is directed by Puri Jagannath of “Pokkiri” fame.
In the 54-second video clip, Deverakonda is introduced as the boy from India — “the slumdog of the streets of Mumbai, the chaiwallah, Liger” who competes in the MMA championship held in the US.
“Glimpse. That’s it. #LigerFirstGlimpse #Liger,” the 32-year-old actor wrote on Instagram as he shared the teaser.
The teaser also presents first looks at Ramya Krishna as the mother of Deverakonda’s mother, while Ronit Roy is seen as his coach.
“Liger” is produced by Charmme Kaur, Puri Jagannadh, Karan Johar and Apoorva Mehta.
The movie will be released theatrically in five languages — Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam — on August 25, 2022.
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs
- Demand for relaxing partial lockdown measures in tourism sector in Bengal
- Dhanush-Aishwaryaa split after 18 years leaves fans stunned
- Arunachal boy Ongbem Mossang brings cheers to his village
- Pornography case: SC grants protection from arrest to Poonam Pandey
- With 2,38,018 new COVID-19 cases, active infections highest in 230 days