Netflix India has given in to making the OTT platform more affordable by the common man. Following the footsteps of one of its biggest competitors Amazon’s Prime Video, Netflix has announced a major cut down in its subscription rates.
Netflix’s basic subscription that cost ₹199 earlier will now be available to users at ₹149 and the ₹499 pack will now be available at ₹199 per month. Further, the ₹649 pack can now be subscribed to at just ₹499, whereas the premium ₹799 pack will now be available for ₹649 per month.
“It’s happening! Everybody stay calm! In case you missed it, you can now watch Netflix on any device at #HappyNewPrices,” wrote Netflix India on Twitter, announcing the same.
Netflix’s competitors Amazon Prime’s lowest price pack starts at ₹129 per month and ₹999 a year, while Disney+ Hotstar’s subscription costs ₹1499 per annum.
Earlier, after Netflix introduced its customer-friendly ₹199 subscription, the platform saw more users hooked to the platform which was one of the reasons behind this major decision to cut down on subscription rates and bring more users to the OTT app.
- Arunachal: Granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi visits Ziro
- Taylor Swift and the end of the Hollywood writers strike: A tale of two media narratives
- Former Congress MLA KT Rokhaw resigns, joins MNF ahead of elections
- Manipuri-English film promoting gender-neutral fashion to be screened in Mumbai
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team