The American over-the-top (OTT) media service and production company Netflix has revealed its list of top 10 most watched web series and movies released on the platform by subscribers.
Bailed out on a show after watching it for a couple of minutes? Netflix used to count watching just two minutes of a TV show or a movie as a view, but times have changed.
After a lot of criticism received by the platform over how it calculated viewership of its shows, here is a list of top Netflix series and movies that users of the application have ‘watched’ the most, calculated in viewing hours.
Here is the list released by Netflix which shows total view hours of web series and films per title in the first 28 days of its release.
In case you have missed out on some of these shows and films, here are Netflix official trailers for you to take a sneak peak and decide on what to binge watch over the weekend.
Netflix top 10 most-watched series
- Bridgerton season – 1, 625 million viewing hours
2. Money Heist season 4 – 619 million viewing hours
3. Stranger Things – 3, 582 million viewing hours
4. The Witcher season 1 – 541 million viewing hours
5. 13 Reasons Why season 2 – 496 million viewing hours
6. 13 Reasons Why season – 1, 476 million viewing hours
7. You season 2 – 457 million viewing hours
8. Stranger Things 2 – 427 million viewing hours
9. Money Heist season 3 – 426 million viewing hours
10. Ginny & Georgia season 1 – 381 million viewing hours
Netflix top 10 most-watched movies
1. Bird Box – 282 million viewing hours
2. Extraction – 231 million viewing hours
3. The Irishman – 215 million viewing hours
4. The Kissing Booth 2 – 209 million viewing hours
5. 6 Underground – 205 million viewing hours
6. Spenser Confidential – 197 million viewing hours
7. Enola Holmes – 190 million viewing hours
8. Army of the Dead – 187 million viewing hours
9. The Old Guard – 186 million viewing hours
10. Murder Mystery – 170 million viewing hours
- Experts identify 63 Australian animals likely to go extinct by 2041
- Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan calls for march to Islamabad on May 25
- Ethnic poverty: dividing and excluding people keeps them poor
- Lankan court extends travel ban on ex governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka
- The Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial shows the dangers of fan culture
- Beijing bristles at Biden’s ‘yes’ for US military intervention if China invades Taiwan