K-Pop heartthrob BTS released their highly-anticipated single titled ‘My Universe’ in collaboration with British band Coldplay. The track is all about love that includes both English and Korean lyrics.
BTS members RM and Suga have been credited among the songwriters. The video features lyrics handwritten by the members. “You, you are my universe and I just want to put you first. And you, you are my universe, and you make my world light up inside,” Chris Martin sings in the chorus, while BTS members sing other portions in Korean. Later, they will also release a music video of ‘My Universe’.
Earlier this month, BTS and Coldplay announced their collaboration. Previously, just hours before releasing “My Universe”, the bands had treated their fans with the lyrics teaser of 16 seconds where Chris Martin and BTS were jamming to the song, which harmonised perfectly and went viral on social media.
They also reunited in New York earlier this week and shared a picture of their meeting as well. BTS gifted modernised hanboks to Coldplay.
Chris Martin, appearing on The Kelly Clarkson Show, talked about collaborating with BTS. “We really don’t believe in any boundaries or separation of anything really, and so the song ‘My Universe’ is about someone being told they can’t love a certain other person, or can’t be with this race, or they can’t be gay – whatever it might be,” he said.
He also added, “And we thought, it would be good to sing this with BTS because maybe we’re not supposed to be together. And it turned out to be one of the most fun things ever. I went to Korea to be with them, it’s been amazing.”
Here are some Twitter reactions:
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested