Mumbai: Superstar Akshay Kumar’s mother Aruna Bhatia, who was admitted to a hospital here, died on Wednesday morning.
Kumar, 53, shared a statement on Twitter and paid tributes to his mother, who was in the intensive care unit (ICU) of Hiranandani Hospital. The cause of her death is not yet known.
“She was my core. And today I feel an unbearable pain at the very core of my existence. My maa Smt Aruna Bhatia peacefully left this world today morning and got reunited with my dad in the other world,” the “BellBottom” actor tweeted.
“I respect your prayers as I and my family go through this period. Om Shanti,” he added.
Last evening, Akshay Kumar took to the microblogging site to thank well-wishers Akshay Kumar for praying for his mother’s good health.
On Monday, the actor flew back to the country after his mother was admitted to the hospital. He was shooting for his upcoming movie “Cinderella” in the UK.
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action