Bollywood power couple Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao announced their separation on Saturday after 15 years of marriage. In a joint statement, the two said they were ready to commence a new chapter together as “co-parents and family”.
Ashutosh Gowariker’s Lagaan brought them together. Rao worked as an assistant director on the movie, and Khan played the lead role. The two met again during the shooting for Dil Chahta Hai. Soon after, Khan and Rao connected over an ad that Khan was doing. They soon became friends and started hanging out together.
After getting married on December 28, 2005, Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao became parents through surrogacy to son Azad on December 1, 2011.
The couple has worked together on several films like Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, Peepli Live, Dhobi Ghat, Delhi Belly, Talaash, Dangal, Secret Superstar and Rubaru Roshni.
Here’s a look at their 15 years of togetherness:
Despite the separation, the duo will continue to collaborate on movies, their NGO Paani Foundation, and other projects, the couple said in a statement.
The next project Aamir Khan is expected to be seen in is Laal Singh Chadha, the Hindi adaptation of Forrest Gump being produced by Kiran Rao.
The Paani Foundation
In partnership with Kiran Rao and ‘Satyamev Jayate’ team, Aamir Khan established the Paani Foundation and promoted water conservation initiatives. The Foundation is striving for a drought-free Maharashtra. They have also made significant contributions to water conservation in Maharashtra’s villages.
- Grand Theft Auto 6 coming out soon? Here’s what we know
- Planning to Study in the UK: Your Complete Guide to Applying for a Student Visa
- Meghalaya govt reviews projects implemented by NHIDCL
- 3 Tripura cricketers secure place in IPL auction list
- Manipur: Bodies of 13 killed in gunfight brought to Imphal, 11 identified
- Meghalaya to be fully connected by optical fibre network, says CM