Britney Spears made an appeal to end her conservatorship before a Los Angeles judge. The global pop star said that her conservatorship was traumatizing and depressing. Ever since her public meltdown in 2006, her life has been managed by her father, Jamie Spears. He largely controls her finances.
The pop singer said that she feels oppressed and taken advantage of. Britney Spears said in a video that she finds the arrangement “too controlling” and cannot even spend on small things without approval. The singer also said that she wants to marry and have one more child but that is not possible due to the terms.
The singer has been in a live-in relationship with Sam Asghari for a while now. Britney Spears that she has an IUD as a contraceptive measure and cannot take it off. She said that she has been forced to take medicines that made her feel like a drunk. Various celebs and fans have lent their support to the #FreeBritney movement. After her impassioned statement, celebs like Mariah Carey and Halsey openly supported her on Twitter.
She has also found support from her ex-boyfriend, Justin Timberlake. He said, “After what we saw today, we should all be supporting Britney at this time. Regardless of our past, good and bad, and no matter how long ago it was…What’s happening to her is just not right. No woman should ever be restricted from making decisions about her own body.”
- Twitter lifted its ban on COVID misinformation – research shows this is a grave risk to public health
- Examine representation on framing of same rules for organ transplant: SC
- Regional arms race vs Kim’s desire for NKorea to be nuclear superpower
- Why Uyghurs, who suffered China’s COVID policies most, won’t protest
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 matches on December 6
- Modi stresses on use of latest tech to track economic offenders