Actor Sonu Sood has praised a fan named Venkatesh who walked barefoot from Hyderabad to Mumbai to meet him. Sonu added that he doesn’t ‘want to encourage anyone to take the trouble of doing this’.
Taking to Instagram on Thursday, Sonu shared a picture of himself at his home, standing next to his fan. Venkatesh is seen holding a placard with Sonu’s picture on it and it says ‘the real hero Sonu Sood’ and ‘Hyd to Mumbai’, among other captions.
Sonu captioned his post, “Venkatesh, this boy walked barefoot all the way from Hyderabad to Mumbai to meet me, despite me making efforts to arrange some sort of transportation for him to come here. He is truly inspiring and has immensely humbled me Ps. I, however, don’t want to encourage anyone to take the trouble of doing this, love you all.”
Sonu has been in the limelight because of his philanthropic work as he has been trying to help out as many people as possible amid the Covid-19 pandemic. He has garnered praises across India.
From delivering oxygen cylinders and helping the needy get proper medical attention to setting up oxygen plants, the actor has been actively extending his support amid the pandemic. He has been providing help to those in need since the pandemic-related lockdowns began. He helped migrants head back home and provided medical supplies to those in need, among many other charitable deeds.
- Assam: 71st Volleyball Nationals to start on Thursday
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war
- SC asks WhatsApp to publicise undertaking given to Centre in 2021