Hindi and Marathi actor Abhilasha Patil passed away due to COVID-19 related complications on Wednesday evening. She was in her early 40s.
The actor has been a part of several Bollywood projects like ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’, ‘Good Newwz’, and ‘Chhichhore’, which featured deceased actor Sushant Singh Rajput in the lead role.
She also starred in several popular Marathi movies like ‘Tujha Manjha Arrange Marriage’, ‘Bayko Deta Ka Bayko’, ‘Pipsi’ among others.
Sanjay Kulkarni confirmed the news of the actor’s demise saying, “Last evening around six, I got a call from Jyoti Patil, who worked with us in BaapManus, about Abhilasha’s poor health. I learnt she had gone to Benaras where she got fever and on her return to Mumbai, she tested positive for coronavirus.”
“I tried reaching out to her, but both of her numbers were switched off. Then around 8.30 pm, actor Anand Prabhu, who played our son on the same show, informed me about her demise. This has been so shocking because she had so much to achieve in life. She had plans. Abhilasha was kind-hearted and such a hardworking artiste. It’s a huge loss to the industry”, he added.
Her fans and colleagues paid tribute and mourned the actress’s death. Shashank Udapurkar, the actor-director wrote on his Facebook saying, “Abhilasha Patil, very hard working and energetic co-artist.. We worked together in PRAWAAS. Don’t have words to express. RIP Abhilasha Ji.”
Also read | Tamil comedian Pandu dies of COVID-19
- Over promise, under deliver: Cong’s dig at govt
- Assam: 71st Volleyball Nationals to start on Thursday
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war