New Delhi: Twitter on Tuesday said it has permanently suspended actor Kangana Ranaut’s account for repeatedly violating the platform’s rules.
“We’ve been clear that we will take strong enforcement action on behavior that has the potential to lead to offline harm. The referenced account has been permanently suspended for repeated violations of Twitter Rules specifically our Hateful Conduct policy and Abusive Behaviour policy,” a Twitter spokesperson said.
The spokesperson added that the company enforces the Twitter Rules judiciously and impartially for everyone on its platform.
When Twitter enforces such actions like permanently suspending an account, it notifies people that they have been suspended for abuse violations, and explains which policy or policies they have violated and which content was in violation.
The tweet which seem to have invoked the action was regarding violence taking place in several small districts in West Bengal. She urged the Prime minister to take up his “Virat roop from the early 2000s…” to tame Mamata Banerjee.
This suggestive tweet caused a riot on social media where people started to question Kangana on what she was referring to with the “early 2000s’ roop.”
With inputs from PTI
- Meghalaya police seizes heroin worth Rs 2.36 lakh in SWGH
- Why social media makes you feel bad and what to do about it
- Two new bird species found in Manipur
- TMC releases manifesto for Tripura polls, promises ‘Bengal model of development’
- Arunachal: 5G service launched in Itanagar
- Tripura 2023: Amit Shah to address two election rallies on Monday