Actor Helen McCrory, best know for her part of Aunt Polly in Peaky Blinders and Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter films, passed away due to cancer. She was 52.
Her husband, actor Damian Lewis, took to Twitter to announce the news. He said, McCrory died peacefully at home after a “heroic battle with cancer”.
She died as she lived. Fearlessly, Lewis wrote on Twitter.
“God we love her and know how lucky we are to have had her in our lives. She blazed so brightly. Go now, Little One, into the air, and thank you,” he added.
Cillian Murphy, who played Tommy Shelby, her nephew in the show Peaky Blinders said he was “broken-hearted to lose such a dear friend”.
“She was also a gifted actor – fearless and magnificent. She elevated and made humane every scene, every character she played,” he said, adding it was “a privilege to have worked with this brilliant woman… I will dearly miss my pal,” he added.
McCrory married Homeland star Lewis in 2007 and they have two children. Last year, the couple raised over £1m to provide NHS workers with meals from high street restaurants during the coronavirus pandemic.
Also Read | BAFTA pays tribute to Irrfan Khan, Rishi Kapoor
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre