Guwahati: Taking strict against those who flout COVID-19 guidelines, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday said it has filed a complaint against a Bollywood actor for not complying with coronavirus protocol on testing positive.
Posting a copy of the first information report (FIR) on Twitter, the civic body said, “No Compromise On City’s Safety!
BMC has filed an FIR against a Bollywood actor for non-compliance with COVID19 guidelines on testing positive.
The rules apply to all alike and we urge citizens to follow all guidelines and help the city beat the virus.”
Without naming the actor, Mumbai’s municipal body said that despite being positive, the actor went out to public places and took part in a film shooting. The actor has now been quarantined.
According to reports in the Times of India, the actor is Gauahar Khan.
The stringent steps by BMC comes after Maharashtra Chief Minister had given strict warnings while raising concerns about the lackadaisical approach of the public towards the COVID-19 protocols.
Maharashtra today recorded 16,620 new cases of COVID-19 infection and 50 deaths, taking the state’s tally to 23,14,413 and fatalities to 52,861. Several districts like Pune and Hingoli are under a partial shutdown with night curfew imposed on them.
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 5
- Stone pelting on India-Nepal border, traders block bridge in protest