Bollywood actor Sonu Sood is being trolled on social media, and #WhoTheHellAreUSonuSood is trending on top on Twitter.
Sood shared a tweet on Mahashivratri 2021 in Hindi which, roughly translated, shows the actor asking his fans to help the needy on the auspicious occasion rather than simply forwarding Lord Shiv’s pictures.
“Celebrate Maha Shivratri by helping someone instead of forwarding Lord Shiva’s images. Om Namah Shivay” tweeted the Simmba actor. While Sood posted the tweet to wish his Twitter followers on Maha Shivratri 2021, it did not sit well with many . Several users expressed their displeasure over his choice of words. Soon, the trolls joined in.
The users slammed Sood by sharing his Eid Mubarak posts which seems to be in contrast to the Maha Shivratri one.
Although many lashed out at the actor some of his fans quickly came to his defence. One user tweeted, “He’s the guy who came on roads to help thousands of migrants when their elected Government abandoned the poor souls to die during the unprecedented lockdowns.Don’t know about acting skills as I do not watch movies, but @SonuSood is an honest Indian Idol.”
Sood will be seen next in a Telegu film Archarya. The action drama is slated to release on May 13, 2021.
- Gauhati HC judge to head tribunal probing extremist groups in Manipur
- Ceasefire far from lasting peace, says national security expert on Israel-Hamas deal
- Assam Pavilion bags silver medal at IITF Delhi
- What’s needed to educate boys about gender violence
- 13 new hydel projects to boost Arunachal energy sector: Power minister
- Meghalaya: ‘Cake Mixing Ceremony’ ushers in festive mood