“Studied from IIM Lucknow” – it must feel so good to say this. It is a dream for many of you to study at IIM Lucknow. It indeed does. But it is not only about the pedagogical brilliance; IIM Lucknow is much more than that. Being a premier institute for management studies, IIM Lucknow has set a yardstick in academic excellence.
The institute has got much more to offer. What is it like to be inside IIM Lucknow? What does the day of an IIM – L student look like? IIM Lucknow has one of its kind infrastructural setups, enabling a smooth learning experience for the students. The result of all these reflects in the placements as well. Students can easily earn between 12 – 20 LPA INR after graduating.
The institute considers aspects for the evolution of an individual, hence incorporates every possible point within the campus. The campus is aided with hostels, a library, labs, a computer centre, sports and recreation facilities, and other necessary services. Student life is fun-filled and exciting, jam-packed with activities in diverse fields. Let’s share some glimpses of life at IIM Lucknow.
Life at IIM Lucknow
IIM Lucknow has world-class infrastructure and amenities to make students’ learning experience an exciting journey. The estate is spread across a large area and is facilitated with all services necessary for a comfortable stay. Students get to rejoice in a cherishable time at the institute.
- Campus arena: Spread across an estate of around 200 acres, IIM Lucknow is almost like a town itself. The lush green lawns and architectural extravaganza are a beauty to withhold. The campus has six wings, namely Chintan(Faculty building), Bodhgriha(PGP building), Manthan(MDP building), Gyanodaya(Library), Samadhan(Administrative building), Computer Centre. The campus has Wi-Fi services operating day and night.
- Residential facilities: IIM Lucknow is facilitated with on-campus accommodation arrangements for students coming from other places. It can accommodate over 500 students and 75 faculty members. The scenic beauty around the residences is very pleasing and a treat to the eyes. The landscape is inspiring and brings in the vibes of optimism.
- Library: The Gyanodaya Library at IIM Lucknow is well equipped with over 60,000 resources in all formats, catering to the management students and those from other fields. It is accessible by students and faculty round the clock. It is connected to massive databases and online journals too. Not only insiders but also outsiders can access the library after taking membership in Gyanodaya.
- Computer Centre: All IT needs are taken care of by the Computer Centre on the campus. It is the control unit of the wired and wireless network solutions within the campus. The centre boasts of state-of-the-art infrastructure for the academic and administrative purposes of the institute. Agreement with Microsoft has enabled the students to access various products at no extra cost. Services are updated to the latest versions to help better IT services to students and faculty.
- Sports activities: All sports enthusiasts can find a lot of engagements in IIM Lucknow. There is a comprehensive list of choices among indoor and outdoor sports activities. The IIM Lucknow campus has it all, from football/cricket ground to squash court, volleyball to lawn tennis courts, badminton court to the billiards room. Fitness enthusiasts can hit the gym anytime. For water activities, there is a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna bath too.
- Connectivity: The IIM Lucknow campus is just 8 km away from the city. The estate is well-connected to the main city, with transportation facilities to and from the campus. Other than public transport, the institute itself operates transport services to and from the city so that candidates do not have to face any issues.
- Retail services and others: The Kendriya Bhandar runs a fully-fledged departmental store on campus for all necessary retail services. Mess service Annapoorna is run by some students inside the campus. Two in-house food ventures named ‘Just Tea’ and ‘Gossip & Bite’ favour relaxation spots. Apart from these, cafeteria, tea/coffee vending machines are present too. Post offices, Bank branches, and ATMs are open on the campus.
- Health facilities: Flexible therapeutic facilities are available inside the IIM Lucknow campus. Medical officers are always present to assist with any immediate medical help. The campus is associated with hospitals in Lucknow city for medical emergencies. The On-campus pharmacy is open 24/7.
- Student engagements: Manifest – Varchasva is the annual business, cultural, and sports event that the students of IIM Lucknow most await. People from different walks of life come together to celebrate the college and its glory. Sports events, corporate meets, and cultural programs, including performances by nationally and internationally acclaimed artists, are organized in Manifest – Varchasva.
- More than 8500 participants from over 75 colleges take part in all events. Other events organized by IIM Lucknow include SPIC MACAY – Aarohan and ‘Samvit’, the annual leadership summit bringing together the student community and industry professionals. IIM – L students compete against IIM – A, B, C in ‘Sangharsh’.
- Some initiatives undertaken by alumni of the institute are Credence Capital, the investment club aiming to educate students more about the investment market; SynapsE, the IT and Knowledge Management committee; and BizTech, the business and technology interest group, to name a few.
IIM Lucknow is sure to impart an enriching experience. The activities and infrastructure are such to ignite the urge to learn more and more. It will be an experience to be remembered forever. So, management aspirants all across India and abroad wish to spend at least 1 day in the college.
Also read | Book Niches You Didn’t Know Are Successful