The world of mobile gaming is exploding. This has happened for a variety of reasons, and 2020 was a perfect storm of causes for mobile gaming to truly take off. Here’s a brief run-down of why we’re seeing the mobile gaming boom in places like Africa and India – as well as a handful of fascinating trends to watch for in the industry.
Why Is Mobile Gaming Having a Moment in India?
The year 2020 was not especially good for most people. The global pandemic shook almost the entire world, making life difficult and stressful even on the best of days.
However, some industries saw major growth. One of them was the mobile gaming industry. Why is this? It’s a complex combination of reasons, all working together to create an environment that was perfect for major developments. The engagement on gaming review portals also shot up massively, since gamers were seeking new mobile games to play in online casinos in India. Some of the most important factors included:
- The pandemic and resulting lockdowns. People couldn’t leave their homes or attend school or go to work. The result was a very bored population, looking for things to do to pass the time.
- Major advancements in Internet access and technology. With more and more people attending school and work from home, more and more countries were looking into ways to provide citizens with affordable internet access. Likewise, 5G technology rolled out all over the globe, with many people using this new technology to access the internet remotely. This meant the internet on mobile devices was faster, better, and more reliable.
- New trends in gaming technology. The gaming industry grew in big ways as a result of the previously mentioned factors, which led to some of the following trends – all of which shaped the way gaming in 2021 and beyond would look.
Gaming Trend #1 – Virtual Reality
Perhaps the most popular type of gaming right now is virtual reality. What was once reserved for amusement park attractions has become affordable and accessible through major advancements in technology! This means that more and more people – even young children – are now enjoying virtual reality gaming in the comfort of their own homes.
Gaming Trends #2 – Augmented Reality
Not sure what the difference is between virtual reality and augmented reality? Generally, virtual reality submerges you into a whole new reality, blocking out the real world and letting you enjoy the sights and sounds of an entirely new one. Augmented reality does that on a much smaller scale, adding new and exciting details to your existing reality.
The breakout success of Pokémon Go! created a massive uptick in the number of mobile games offering augmented reality. This means that while you can still see the world around you, you can also interact via your gaming device with new people, places, and things.
Gaming Trend #3 – Blockchain Technology
Ever heard of blockchain technology? This is the technology that is at the backbone of one of the world’s most popular new trends – cryptocurrency. Technology gets its name from the way it works, and that way is changing every part of our technological lives.
Blockchains are databases, but not in the traditional sense. They store information in “blocks”, which are then “chained” together. This gives the technology its name, as well as giving it an advantage of recording information in chronological order. This creates a kind of running ledger, which is useful for many applications. With cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, this ledger prevents fraud by being permanent and viewable to anyone, meaning that information cannot be deleted, overwritten, or hidden. People are coming up with new ways to apply this technology to gaming every day, but for linear games and those with level-based play, it’s already a natural fit.
Gaming Trend #4 – Face Recognition
Does your phone use facial recognition technology? These days, most smartphones do. Even if you have the feature disabled, your phone can see, recognize, and analyze your face using its front camera. This allows applications to provide a variety of features that would not have been available just a few years ago.
In simulation-based games, this is especially important. These games can use your real facial features, expressions, and more, to synthesize storylines, collect feedback, and other features. This provides strikingly realistic gameplay that gets smarter every time you open the application.
Gaming Trend #5 – Expansion of Cloud-Based Technology
Cloud-based technology is nothing new, but it is expanding all the time. These expansions and improvements have made storing more information and creating more realistic and detailed games possible, with these games saving information to cloud-based servers instead of to the device itself. This way, they don’t take up as much room and can devote the space that they do require to actual game features. Now, that’s a big improvement!
Bringing It All Together
There are so many ways to play today, whether you’re looking for a realistic simulation game or the best website to play at an online casino in India, you can find it in 2021 – and it’ll be better than it has ever been!
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa