Fantasy sport is a trending topic among sports freaks, especially fantasy cricket. Even though football, kabaddi, and hockey are other sports that people can play on fantasy sports applications, cricket is highly preferred by the people of India. The reason for this is the already-existing craze for cricket that exists in the country. It is viewed as a religion. The cricketers are worshipped and this is the reason why fantasy cricket became popular right off the bat.
With the 14th edition of the IPL slated to kick start in April, people are eagerly creating their accounts on fantasy gaming apps. Since the BCCI has declared that during the initial stages of the tournament, there won’t be any spectators and the matches will be played behind closed doors, fantasy cricket apps are the only way for people to be a part of the thrill of the tournament. If you are not aware of what a fantasy cricket app is, you don’t need to worry. A fantasy cricket app is an online platform where you have to create an account using your email address. Once the account has been created, you will be allowed to create fantasy cricket teams from the playing pool of the live cricket matches. This means that you have to keep a close watch on the players who have been retained by the 8 franchises taking part in the IPL and accordingly choose players for your online team. If your fantasy team scores more fantasy points than the other teams on the app, you are going to achieve victory. In the dashboard of the app, you will find a list of current and upcoming cricket matches. You can participate in these matches.
Given that the concept of fantasy cricket has garnered a lot of traction over the years, there are a lot of apps available, and choosing the right one might feel like an overwhelming decision. One such app that is driving the growth of fantasy cricket in India and offering a platform for both experts and beginners is MPL. This fantasy cricket league app was launched in 2018 and since then, the app has attracted a lot of audiences. The app has roped in Virat Kohli as their brand ambassador and they are also the principal sponsor for Kolkata Knight Riders.
If you need more reasons to play fantasy cricket on MPL, here is a detailed review that will help you to make your mind.
Multiple teams can be created for a single match
The maximum number of teams that you can create for a single match depends on the category of the contest. For instance, in a Rumble Cricket Fantasy contest, a user can create a maximum of forty teams. These teams can be created with a combination of players while having four to five core players on all the teams. By having multiple teams for a single match, users get to increase their chances of victory.
The fantasy cricket points system
Fantasy points are awarded based on the performance of the players on the field. This means that users need to create a fantasy cricket by selecting players who are currently performing well and belong to the squad. So, if you are thinking of participating in the IPL tournament, you have to keep a watch on the players who have been retained by the franchises. Your fantasy team will have to consist of players who are presently playing and also their form is important.
In T20 batting, you will get to score 0.5 points for every run scored, boundary hit, and six hit. You will be awarded 4 points for half-century scored and 8 points for century scored. As for bowling, 10 points will be awarded for every wicket taken, 4 points for a maiden over, 4 points for 4 wickets taken in a match, and 8 points for 5 wickets taken in a match. To fully understand the fantasy points system, you can go through the app and have all your questions answered.
Users can participate in different fantasy cricket leagues
ODI, T20, Test Match, or even T10 leagues, MPL is a fantasy cricket platform that has every match in its schedule. Users can take part in international matches and also domestic T20 leagues across the globe. Some of the fantasy cricket leagues that are a part of the schedule include the Australian T20 league, Indian T20 league, and Pakistan T20 league. Even South Africa, New Zealand, and the Caribbean have their own T20 leagues and you can become a part of those leagues by downloading the app and creating your account.
How to play on MPL?
- You need to download the app and sign up. You can create an account using your existing email address and then you will find a list of current and upcoming matches. You have to select the match that you wish to participate in from the list.
- After selecting a match, you have to proceed to create a fantasy cricket team. You need to create a balanced team of bowlers, cricketers, and all-rounders. The players that you select must be performing well currently and also should be a part of the current tournament or league.
- Once your team has been selected, you have to wisely decide on who will be the captain and the vice-captain of your team. The captain will fetch you 2X points and the vice-captain will fetch you 1.5X points. This means that they can be game-changers if you choose wisely.
- Then, you have to submit the team that you have selected and wait for the tournament or league to begin.
Fantasy cricket has stirred up a storm among people of all ages. Thanks to its immersive gaming experience, it gives people a chance to show off their cricket skills and take part in the fun of the game from the comfort of their home.
- A successful COP26 is essential for Earth’s future. What needs to go right?
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh