With a free flowing soul and a talent that inspires people across the world, Abdon Mech is a young, upcoming songwriter and a singer from Dimapur, Nagaland. The 22-year-old brings out wades of smiles to any keen listener with his syrupy and mellifluous tunes. Always with a story behind his tunes, he is a storyteller with a smooth sounding guitar pattern and a pack of words which can overwhelm anyone.
Mech picked up music very late even though it was revolving around him all his life, but when he released his first single music video Carpe Diem, which was produced by The REC.urrentKohima, his friends and supporters were quite happy.
He enjoys listening John Mayer, PrateekKuhad, Alec Benjamin and Bruno Major, and he also takes inspirations for local artists such as Sungjem Mar Jamir (Polar Lights), Jonathan Yhome, Tokaholi, ImliakumAier and TaliAngh.
On writing poetry in his teenage years, Mech says that poetry led him to music; it was how he found his way around constructing sentences and putting sentences together for his melancholic lyric.
Speaking with VibesMojo in an exclusive interview at the Jam Studio 11 in Dimapur, the 22-year-old said, “The most important things as a song writer is to be very, very genuine. It is to make sure that you are not putting stuff out there to sell, but you are putting out what you really want to express, what you want to say.”
Mech is currently pursuing Master’s in English literature from ICFAI University, Dimapur and has a dream to become a songwriter and a singer, which he is passionately working on.
- Assam: Women turn entrepreneurs with areca palm waste dinnerware
- Meghalaya: Taj Vivanta to be inaugurated on October 14
- Veteran star Asha Parekh to be conferred with Dada Saheb Phalke award
- Meghalaya to host 2nd edition of North East Olympics Games
- ‘Semkhor’: Dimasas protest wrong depiction of community in film
- Sec 144 imposed in Okhla, Jamia Millia asks students, teachers not to assemble in groups