New Delhi: India recorded 89 new coronavirus infections, the lowest since March 27, 2020, while the active cases declined to 2,035, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Tuesday.
The Covid case tally stood at 4.46 crore (4,46,81,233).
The death toll stands at 5,30,726, the data updated at 8 am stated.
The daily positivity was recorded at 0.05 per cent while the weekly positivity was pegged at 0.09 per cent.
The active cases now comprise 0.01 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate increased to 98.80 per cent, the ministry said.
A decrease of 84 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to
4,41,48,472, while the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.19 per cent.
According to the ministry’s website, 220.17 crore doses of Covid vaccine have been administered in the country so far under the nationwide vaccination drive.
Help sustain honest journalism.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.
The country crossed the grim milestone of four crore on January 25 last year.
- Assam: Two held in Karimganj district for selling beef
- Nagaland polls: NDPP agrees to part with 4 urban seats to ally BJP
- Congress releases final list of candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Tripura polls: BJP to contest in 55 seats; ally IPFT to fight in 5
- Death and dying: how different cultures deal with grief, mourning
- PM to campaign for BJP in poll-bound Meghalaya