New Delhi: India registered a single-day rise of 210 new coronavirus infections, while the number of active cases further declined to 4,047, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Saturday.
The COVID-19 tally now stands at 4.46 crore (4,46,74,649), it said.
The death toll from the disease has climbed to 5,30,654 with one fatality reconciled by Kerala, the data updated at 8 am stated.
The active cases comprise 0.01 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has increased to 98.80 per cent, according to the health ministry website.
A decrease of 181 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 case count in a span of 24 hours.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease rose to 4,41,39,948 while the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.19 per cent.
According to the ministry’s website, 219.96 crore doses of Covid vaccine have been administered in the country so far under the nationwide vaccination drive.
Help sustain honest journalism.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020; 30 lakh on August 23; 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28; 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29; 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed one crore on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore coronavirus cases on May 4, three crore on June 23 last year and four crore on January 25 this year.
- No more holding my pee: LGBTQIA+ campaign in Assam seeks safe toilets
- This is the safest seat on a plane, as per an aviation expert
- Meghalaya 2023: Bernard confident of beating CM in South Tura
- Vitamin D supplements linked with lower diabetes risk: Study
- Why women are more likely to identify as bisexual
- Google to launch ChatGPT competitor ‘Bard’: Sundar Pichai