New Delhi: India saw a single day rise of 2,424 new coronavirus infections taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,46,14,437, while the active cases have declined to 28,079, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Monday.
The death toll has climbed to 5,28,814 with 15 fatalities which include 12 deaths reconciled by Kerala, the data updated at 8 am stated.
The active cases comprise 0.06 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate has increased to 98.75 per cent, the health ministry said.
A decline of 514 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 2.65 per cent, while the weekly positivity rate was recorded at 1.27 per cent, according to the health ministry.
The number of people who recuperated from the infection surged to 4,40,57,544, while the case fatality rate was recorded at 1.19 per cent.
According to the ministry, 218.99 crore doses of COVID vaccine have been administered in the country so far under the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5, and 50 lakh on September 16.
India crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4, three crore on June 23 2021, and four crore on January 25 this year.
The three new fatalities reported in 24 hours include two from Kerala and one from West Bengal.
- G P Singh appointed next Director General of Assam Police
- GJM leaves Gorkhaland Territorial Admin, claims promises not kept
- Teak worth Rs 1 cr from Guwahati seized in NJP, two arrested
- IAF’s Sukhoi, Mirage aircraft crash in MP’s Morena; one pilot killed
- Assam: Police seize Yaba tablets worth Rs 1 crore in Karimganj, launch probe
- Inclusion of villages in Bodoland divides people, non-Bodos protest