Kolkata: West Bengal logged 229 fresh Covid-19 cases on Tuesday pushing the tally to 21,09,677, the state health department said in its bulletin.
One more death due to the virus infection was also reported during the day as the total number of fatalities went up to 21,484, the bulletin said.
On Monday, the state had registered 117 fresh Covid-19 cases and one death.
Altogether 215 people recovered from the infection on Tuesday taking the total number of cured people to 20,86,308.
The bulletin said the state now has 1,885 active coronavirus cases, with 86 of them being under hospital treatment.
In the past 24 hours, 7,548 samples were tested.
The positivity rate was 3.03 per cent.
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination