Kolkata: West Bengal‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 21,07,514 on Friday as 254 more people tested positive for the infection, a health bulletin said.
Two fresh fatalities pushed the toll to 21,470.
The number of active cases dipped to 2,360 as 310 more people were cured of the disease, taking the total number of recoveries to 20,83,684.
The administration has tested 8,729 samples for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.
Also read | Omicron-infected vaccinated people have greater protection: Study
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health
- India to host 2023 SAFF Championships in Bengaluru
- Meghalaya: NEHU holds alternate programmes for entrepreneurs