New Delhi: India on Monday logged 12,781 fresh COVID-19 cases that pushed its infection tally to 4,33,09,473, while the daily positivity rate went past 4 per cent after 130 days, according to Union health ministry data.
The death toll climbed to 5,24,873 with 18 new fatalities. The number of active cases increased to 76,700, the data updated at 8 am stated.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 4.32 per cent and the weekly positivity rate at 2.62 per cent, the ministry said.
The active cases comprise 0.18 per cent of the total infections. The national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.61 per cent, it said.
An increase of 4,226 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,27,07,900, while the case fatality rate stood at 1.21 per cent, the ministry said.
So far, 196.18 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in the country under the nationwide inoculation drive.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the 1-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of 2 crore on May 4, 3 crore on June 23 and 4 crore on January 25 this year.
Also read: Sikkim reports three new COVID-19 cases
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA
- Manipur landslide: Mortal remains of Army personnel flown to Siliguri