New Delhi: India logged 3,207 new coronavirus infections taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,31,05,401, while the active cases dipped to 20,403, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Monday.
The death toll climbed to 5,24,093 with 29 fresh fatalities, the data updated at 8 am stated.
The active cases comprise 0.05 per cent of the total infections, while the national COVID-19 recovery rate was 98.74 per cent, the ministry said.
A decrease of 232 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The daily positivity rate was recorded as 0.95 per cent and the weekly positivity rate as 0.82 per cent, according to the ministry.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,25,60,905, while the case fatality rate was recorded as 1.22 per cent.
The cumulative doses administered in the country so far under the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination drive has exceeded 190.34 crore.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.
The country crossed the grim milestone of two crore on May 4 and three crore on June 23 last year.
- Meghalaya 2023: DEO strives for 90% turnout in upcoming polls
- Arunachal: Uplifting rural economy govt’s top priority, says CM Khandu
- Hindenburg rejects Adani charge, says fraud cannot be obfuscated by nationalism
- Arunachal Wushu team crowned champions in Nat’l Women’s League
- Tripura 2023: Impasse over Left-Cong seat negotiation remains
- Archer Bishal Changmai confident of podium finish at Khelo India Games