Hyderabad: No paracetamol or painkiller is recommended after being vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin, Bharat Biotech said on Wednesday.
“We have received feedback that certain immunisation centres are recommending taking three paracetamol 500 mg tablets along with Covaxin for children. No paracetamol or painkillers are recommended after being vaccinated with Covaxin, Bharat Biotech said in a Twitter post.
Through the clinical trials spanning about 30,000 individuals, approximately 10 to 20 per cent have reported side effects and most of them were mild, resolved within one or two days, and did not require any medication, the company further said.
Medication is recommended only after consultation with a physician, the vaccine maker said.
Paracetamol was recommended along with other COVID-19 vaccines only and is not prescribed for Covaxin, it added.
- Lankan PM says no shoot-on-sight orders given during violence
- Need to build nation capable of establishing peace, says PM Modi
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Anand’ to get a remake
- Nagaland issues directive to combat illegal check gates: See details here
- Universities should not become spaces for ideological conflict: HM Shah
- Modi to address BJP national office bearers’ meeting in Jaipur on May 20