New Delhi: India saw a single-day rise of 40,120 coronavirus infections, taking the tally of COVID-19 cases to 3,21,17,826, while the recovery rate increased to 97.46 per cent, the highest recorded so far, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated Friday.
The death toll, meanwhile, climbed to 4,30,254 with 585 new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am showed.
The ministry said the number of active cases has declined to 3,85,227 or 1.20 per cent of the total cases, the lowest since March 2020.
The national COVID-19 recovery rate has increased to 97.46 per cent, the ministry said.
A decrease of 2,760 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours, the data showed.
Also, 19,70,495 tests were conducted Thursday, taking the cumulative tests carried out so far for the detection of COVID-19 in the country to 48,94,70,779.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 2.04 per cent. It has been below 3 per cent for the last 19 days. The weekly positivity rate was recorded at 2.13 per cent, according to the health ministry.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 3,13,02,345, while the case fatality rate stands at 1.34 per cent, the data stated.
Cumulatively, 52.95 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered till Tuesday morning.
- Sikkim to Arunachal: Army starts civil-military activities along China border
- Assam: Armed Forces Flag Day observed in Guwahati
- Nagaland: Indian Navy on mission at Hornbill 2022; Naval Chief graces day-7
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 7