Shillong: Meghalaya’s COVID-19 tally rose to 53,833 on Wednesday as 558 more people tested positive for the infection, while six fresh fatalities pushed the northeastern state’s coronavirus death toll to 974, a senior health official said.
Meghalaya now has 4,221 active COVID-19 cases, while 53,638 people have recovered from the infection, Health Services director Aman War said.
Four fresh fatalities were reported in the East Khasi Hills district and one each in Ri Bhoi and West Khasi Hills.
The state has tested 7.80 lakh samples for COVID-19 to date.
Till Tuesday, a total of 9.14 lakh people have been inoculated in the state, of whom over 1,26,516 have received both doses.
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events
- SDF demands CM’s resignation, blames Sikkim govt for ‘immigrant row’
- Meghalaya 2023: AICC takes on CM over ‘no development’ remark
- Now, Sikkim CM blames Chamling for taking old settlers’ issue to SC
- Tripura 2023: 400 companies of central forces to be deployed for polls
- Union Minister Sonowal hosts ‘Me-Dam-Me-Phi’ festival