Agartala: Breaking all past records, Tripura reported the highest single-day spike in COVID-19 deaths with 14 fatalities in the last 24 hours, with 625 fresh positive cases taking the active cases tally to 5,400.
Even as the death march continues, COVID-19 infection is also seeing a fresh surge as the number of cases continue to grow, with particular concern from the West Tripura district.
In the last 24 hours, 16,804 samples were tested in Tripura, wherein 625 people tested positive. While the daily infection rate has decreased to 3.72 percent, there are 5,400 active COVID-19 cases in Tripura.
According to the health bulletin, 56,794 samples were tested positive up to June 9, of which 50,743 people have been released after recovery.
At present, the overall COVID-19 infection rate in Tripura has increased to 5.22 percent. Similarly, the recovery rate has increased to 89.44 percent. Meanwhile, the death rate has reduced to 1.04 percent. With the death of 14 more persons, the tally has surged to 588 in Tripura.
The West District continues to be on top of the list of infections, according to the health department’s media bulletin. In the last 24 hours, 183 new cases were reported from the West district, 70 from South district, 48 from Gomati district, 35 from Dhalai district, 52 from Sepahijala district, 55 from North Tripura district, 88 from Unakoti district and 94 from Khowai district.
- G20 presidency will also be celebrated in Manipur: EAM Jaishankar
- India-Bhutan must harness space technology and its applications: EAM
- Private sector satellites to boost IoT, ham radio use, earth observation
- ‘Fighting’ a brother: Why is Naga wrestling so special and important?
- Constitution guiding light in sustaining democracy: Assam Governor
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border