Gangtok: The state government has decided to extend the lockdown till June 14.
Sikkim has been in complete lockdown since May 16 amid the rise of the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the state government has also announced many relaxations to ease people’s lives. For the upcoming week, ration shops can remain open between 7 am and 2 pm. Currently, shops are allowed to remain open until noon.
Moreover, the state government has allowed hardware shops to open till 2 pm. There were no notifications issued for hardware shops before. However, since June, the government has allowed construction works at a local level with local labours.
Government offices will function with 30% attendance.
The state government will vaccinate 65,000 individuals within the age group of 18-44 in June.
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence
- Manipur ‘to seize all unlawful arms, weapons’ in hills and valley areas