Gangtok: The state government has decided to extend the lockdown till June 14.
Sikkim has been in complete lockdown since May 16 amid the rise of the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the state government has also announced many relaxations to ease people’s lives. For the upcoming week, ration shops can remain open between 7 am and 2 pm. Currently, shops are allowed to remain open until noon.
Moreover, the state government has allowed hardware shops to open till 2 pm. There were no notifications issued for hardware shops before. However, since June, the government has allowed construction works at a local level with local labours.
Government offices will function with 30% attendance.
The state government will vaccinate 65,000 individuals within the age group of 18-44 in June.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race