Imphal: In an attempt to meet the growing demand for oxygen in Manipur in light of the pandemic, the state government on Saturday began installing the 10,000 litre Liquid Medical Oxygen Cryogenic storage tank at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) in Imphal.
The 10 KL tank arrived in Imphal on Friday evening.
Taking to his official Facebook page, Chief Minister N Biren Singh said the installation of 10KL Liquid Medical Oxygen Cryogenic tank underway at JNIMS.
According to CM Biren Singh, the LMO 10 KL tank, which was dispatched from Gujarat, has a storage capacity of about 1,300 D-type oxygen cylinders. The plant will be operationalised in the next few days, Singh said.
Ever since the second wave hit Manipur, the state government has take-up various steps to meet the oxygen demands by developing various oxygen plants and procuring oxygen cylinders from outside the state.
The installation of this plant will significantly improve the oxygen production capacity in the state and reduce dependency on other states for oxygen gradually.
Besides this plant, the state will also install two Pressure Swing Absorption (PSA) oxygen plants at JNIMS and each plant has the capacity of producing 200 cylinders per day.
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers
- Sheriff: Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on movie set, killing woman