GANGTOK: Sikkim CM Prem Singh Golay has announced that vaccination for individuals above the age of 18 years will begin from May 16. The move comes after the earlier national announcement for vaccination from May 1.
But with shortage of vaccines, the inoculation drive for the 18-44 age category couldn’t be carried out as per schedule.
As per the current government data, Sikkim has given 2.20 lakh vaccine doses since beginning of the vaccination drive on January 16. Also, 24.39% of the total population of Sikkim has already received the first dose.
With a population of 6.73 lakh as on October 2020, Sikkim received 3,03,400 doses of vaccine, recording 0.87% wastage. The total consumption including the wastage accounts for 2,20,181 doses with 83,219 doses available.
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality