GANGTOK: Amidst rising COVID 19 cases, Sikkim government on Tuesday announced that government offices and public sector undertakings (PSUs) will remian shut from April 28 to April 30.
The notification issued by the Sikkim Home Department on April 27 mentions that the decision was taken in order to break the chain of transmission of COVID-19 in Sikkim and to undertake the task of sanitizing government offices.
However, the same is not applicable for departments engaged in essential services like Health, Police and Fire Services.
- Manipuris in South Korea write to Indian Embassy over crisis in state
- Assam: Major disaster averted as loaded gas-tanker flips in Sonapur
- Social media snaps sweep of Japan’s cherry blossom season in new detail
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong